Information on Visa Fees
The visa fee for all visa categories is 60,00 Euro (Minors between the age of 6 and 12 years pay 35,00 Euro), payable in cash (South African Rand) or by credit card (Master and Visa cards only - NO debit cards accepted) upon application. Additional charges by your bank may apply when using a credit card.
The visa fees are determined according to §46 AufenthV, set in Euro, but are to be paid in South African Rand. The approximate Rand value of the visa will be determined by the exchange rate on the day.
Visa fees for various categories are as follows:
- Schengen Visa (stays of duration less than 90 days, categorie A, C): 60,00 Euro
- Minors between the age of 6 and 12: 35,00 Euro
- National Visa (Germany, stays of duration more than 90 days, Categorie D): 60,00 Euro
Following applicants are exempted from the above-mentioned visa fee:
- Children under the age of 6
- Spouses of German citizens (a copy of their (unabridged) marriage certificate and a copy of the German spouse's passport are required)
- Spouses of EU-citizens if traveling with their EU-spouse (a copy of their (unabridged) marriage certificate and a copy of the EU-spouse's passport are required)
- Minors of EU-citizens ( a copy of the (unabridged) birth certificate and a copy of the EU-parent's passport are required)
- Scholars, students, teachers requiring the visa for studies/further educational purposes
- Researchers, who require the visa for conducting researches and/or for research related purposes
- Invitees of German government organisations
- Members of diplomatic missions stationed in Germany, consular representatives and international organisations, including their spouses and children (not older than 27 years)
All documentation requirements for a successful application need to be met, despite exemption from fees (see requirement sheets). No fees will be refunded, in cases of denials/refusals. The visa fee is not a “granting“ but processing fee.